I study the causes and consequences of aggressive behavior. More precisely, my major theoretical interests is on the study of situational factors linked to aggression. More recently, I have been interested in the functional properties of aggression for individuals, and more specifically for narcissistic people. In another line of research, I try to shed light on the complex relation between alcohol and violence.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Causal Attribution
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Social Cognition
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Laboratoire de Psychologie des Menaces Sociales et Environnementales
- Bègue, L., Bushman, B. J., Zerhouni, O., Subra, B., & Ourabah, M. (in press). “Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder: People who think they are drunk also think they are attractive”. British Journal of Social Psychology.
- Muller, D., Bushman, B. J., Subra, B., & Ceaux, E. (in press). Are people more aggressive when they are worse off or better off than others? Social Psychological and Personality Science.
- Bègue, L., Perez-Diaz, C., Subra, B., Ceaux, E., Arvers, P., Bricout, V., Roché, S., Swendsen, J., & Zorman, M. (2012). The role of alcohol consumption in female victimization: Findings from a French representative sample. Substance Use and Misuse, 47, 1-11.
- Giancola, P. R., Parrott, D. J., Silvia, P. J., DeWall, N., Bègue, L., Subra, B., & Duke, A. A. (2012). The disguise of sobriety: Unveiled by alcohol in persons with an aggressive personality. Journal of Personality, 80, 163-185.
- Bègue, L., Bushman, B. J., Giancola, P. R., Subra, B., & Rosset, E. (2010). “There is no such thing as an accident,” especially when people are drunk. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 36, 1301-1304.
- Subra, B., Muller, D., Bègue, L., Bushman, B. J., & Delmas, F. (2010). Automatic effects of alcohol and aggressive cues on aggressive thoughts and behaviors. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 36, 1052-1057.
- Subra, B., & Bègue, L. (2009). Alcool et conduites agressives: Le rôle modulateur des attentes en matière d’agressivité ébrieuse. Alcoologie et Addictologie, 31, 5-11.
- Bègue, L., Subra, B., Arvers, P., Muller, D., Bricout, V., & Zorman, M. (2009). A message in a bottle: Extrapharmacological effects of alcohol on aggression. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 45, 137-142.
- Bègue, L., & Subra, B. (2008). Alcohol and aggression: Perspectives on controlled and uncontrolled social information processing. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 2, 511-538.
- Data Analysis
- Research Methods
- Social Cognition
- Social Psychology
Université Paris Descartes
71, Avenue Edouard Vaillant